I know the new year is not so new anymore but I am really looking forward to what 2010 has to offer. Last year had its ups and downs... I mean my car almost got itself stolen, I was involved in a hit-and-run but Josh managed to save the day (thank God for his scary looks), obtained an enormous amount of traffic summons, I almost got raped, murdered and shifted off to Myanmar (refer to my post of Bangkok), met a few scammers, but it turned out to be overall a "good" year!!!
I wish i posted this on New year's day but here is a list of my Top 10 highlights of 2009:
1. I met so many new friends; some of whom I have decided not to be acquainted with anymore for personal reasons. However, I am thankful that I have met them as they thought me a few values in life which you will never learn unless you have met the few. So no regrets there. Amir Faiz (I know you are reading this and I told you I will dedicate a post to you), I am glad to have met you not just because I have not gotten paid for your job yet *evil laughter bursting out* but because your texts, IMs, and FB Chats are really bubbly to read and I must say its rather tiring to keep up with you sometimes but definitely glad to have met a dude of overwhelming amount of words!
2. Obtained my first 5-figure-budget shoot; Please note that the only reason I had to skip my CLP last year was because I chose to fly to bangkok to chase the big bucks! And I dont regret it thus far coz I was not ready for the exam anyhow! It only means I can do better in the exam this year :-)
3. Learnt to never do direct jobs under client without agent representation; Modeling & Talent agencies take 10% of your budget for a reason!! It goes to the good cause of assurance that you will be well taken care of. They will fight for you so you don't share rooms at a cheap budgeted hotel and make sure you have a proper stylist, and you don't sound like a total diva making demands on your own coz they voice everything out for you!
4. My camera and my MacBook Pro; the two greatest splurges of the year that went without regret or remorse.
5. Miss Malaysia Universe 2009; of course with all said and done, this was still an experience of a lifetime and will never go forgotten.
6.
Nominated Female's 50 Most Gorgeous People; I still don't know the out come of this but I thank all of you who voted for me. I think Female, BluInc will notify all voters via sms or email or something.
Nominated Female's 50 Most Gorgeous People; I still don't know the out come of this but I thank all of you who voted for me. I think Female, BluInc will notify all voters via sms or email or something.7. Stout my British Bulldog; he is now the extended member of the family and has recently celebrated Christmas with us as per the picture appended below:
8. Found out who my true friends are; I have to especially thank Geetha, and Christy for this. You stuck through my hard times and worries and took me in even when I was the most difficult person to deal with. Geetha is the kind that will go the extra mild for me and I will never forget Christy's text "whatever decision you make, I will stand by you and support you... unless its really irrational (coz then I think she would just kick my ass). I wish for everyone to have a Geetha and Christy in their lives!!
Disclaimer: I am not saying that the rest of you are not my true friends, I am sure allot of you are!
9. MIKO Hair Salon; for their endless hard work in making my hair look good. Seriously if you want a visit, let me know - I get discounts!
10. Avatar!- James Cameron really out did himself with this movie. He really brought back the awe in movie making and has set the bar up so high its impossible to beat. I have watched it twice so far and I am really looking forward to my 3rd!! I PROMISE I WILL NOT BUY A FAKE DVD FOR THIS MOVIE - I owe JC his royalty fees. After-all, he has the same initials as Jesus Christ!
So that's my Top 10 Highlights of 2009!! I cant help it but here is another disclaimer!: The list above is non-exhaustive so whomever who has contributed in my highlights of 2009 and is not mentioned or has provided me an eventful moment which can amount to a "highlight" hit, I sincerely apologize for the non-mentioning of your name or event but I am only human and I cant keep typing a long list of never ending highlights here, plus, I am not filled with an overwhelming flair of words like Amir Faiz!!!
Till the next post,
Claudia xxx

Hahaha, what a lovely post. Thank you. You're far too kind.. I think im gonna dissapoint tho, im not very active today.. Drained and tired.. in need of sleep!! I am so glad to have met you too... because you actually understand my overwhelming flair of words! lol! I'm honoured to have my name on your blog and to be put at no.1!
ReplyDeleteHahaha Amir you do realize what I am about to say next right?! will tell you on msn!!
ReplyDeleteBabe....that was a great one....Love you lots !!!!
ReplyDelete