Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

My humbling experience

I never thought i'd be one of those who'd post about her traumatising experience! Now I understand why people do it. Its only to alert others so we can curb disastrous happenings like these.

U won't believe what happened to me. While I was lining up at a traffic light approaching ss.16 and eastin hotel, a motorist parked beside my left passenger seat at a traffic light. His pillion-rider smashed my window using a spark-plug wearing gloves n snatched my handbag from the seat!! It all happened so blinking fast. I screamed and tried to reach out for my bag in vain coz my efficient life-saving seat-belt decided to lock me down in my seat.

In the shock and disbelief, I failed to take down the motobike's license plate details. Funny thing is, it happened in broad day light at 5.10pm in front of a lot of witnesses. I wasnt expecting them to help, there was nothing that they could do or undo at the scene. It would have been very civil of them to at least report the incident to the police as eye-witnesses as allowed under our wonderful s.112 of the Criminal Procedure code of Malaysia. They were in better eye-view of the bugger's number plate anyway.

As malaysians, we should take our civil duty more seriously, I think.

However, I thank God that I have a terrible habit of keeping my hp on my lap while I drive. Coincidentally, I decided to listen to my ipod that day too so all the thieves got was my wallet with cash, replaceable cards and my hsekeys with no indication to where I actually live. My parents are on high alert though, incase they decide to pay a visit to the address written on my I.C.

My hsemate was away on holiday, n I couldn't excess my own apartment! So it was a pretty funny weekend for me as I had to borrow clothes n money... Hence why I call it a humbling experience.

I spent the whole day today getting my license, ic n atm settled.

The refreshing thing to know throughout this experience is that when I went to make my police report, it did feel like I was studying my criminal procedure in practical! The inspector I spoke to was so nice. Got a fren to drive me there n he was pretty shocked to know how nice the police were. Haha now it kinda changed my perspective in life. I don't mind joining prosecution in future to assist the police now. Coz I think what they do is incredible and I believe they need as much assistance as possible!

It takes me becoming a victim to want to work for the government! Ironic. But things like these always changes someone's views in life :)

I do hope that all u ladies out there, keep ur handbags under your leg when u drive. A little difficult but its the only place that they can't spot your bag (the inspector ikhwan from Pantai police jurisdiction says so himself).

Keep safe ya'll. Its not the money or cards that u may lose that's precious. Coz that u can replace. Its not worth the traumatic experience. I wish tht no one puts themselves through what I had to go through.

Be alert n stay safe



p/s: A special thanks to Joshua Rao for coming to the rescue and giving me money to pay for toll as my smart tag ran out of money!! He's a real life saver. 


❤ Claudia ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

☆ Sponsored by ...