Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stuck on Level 1

Mei Ying, Rebecca, Irene and I had dinner plans and plans to catch a stand up comedy act yesterday at La Boudega, Telawi.

"i'm super woman!!"

We were supposed to meet at 730pm for dinner and move over to La Boudega thereafter. 6pm I am still stuck in traffic.

When I finally reached home at 6.10pm, I parked, rushed to my lift, pressed the 17th floor and waiting to go up. Then I realized the DOVER brand lift was not moving and the button for "17" was not lit anymore. So, I pressed it again. It didn't light up. The lift indicated I was still on the first floor. So I rang the alarm and pressed the "call" button on the lift. 

Took the dude on the other side 10 minutes to actually come on the intercom. At that point I wished lifts had reception. 

When the dude finally came on the intercom, he seemed more in a panicked state than I was. Little did I know, I was the first one to ever get stuck in the lifts in my apartment. Seems like there's a first time for everything… however, it wasn't quite of an adventure as I was the guinea pig. 

I tried sending out tons of texts and tried making phone calls via my mobile hoping that I could at least get like ONE miracle bar of reception. Nada! 

My first text was to practically everyone in my phone book, filled with curses and angry shouts of frustration. The message got booted back. Thank God! Then the second text went out with less curses and to less people… By the time I drafted maybe my tenth text, it sounded quite nice and it had included a pinch of legal advice to my parents urging them to sue if I die of suffocation or get brain damage from lack of oxygen. 

I was stuck in the lift alone for 40 minutes or more but who was counting? Good thing I had my novel tucked away in my bag to keep me company =) 

By the time the rescuers came, I was seated on the floor of the lift reading my novel. They laughed at how relaxed I was (they had no idea)! So I took a picture of my superhero in a helmet who seemed more pleased to come to the rescue than I was being rescued.

my super heroes hahaha!

Naturally, I was late for dinner, lost my appetite to eat and I did sorta suffer brain damage as I am kinda experiencing short-term-memory loss now. I told the getting stuck in the lift story twice to the same group of people in less than a 10 minutes span of time apart.

Considering suing. 


❤ Claudia ❤

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

☆ Sponsored by ...