Last night was my first ever experience of a Play first hand at PJ Jaya One. Other than being a part of the cast in The Mourning After, written by my Aunt Simone Reutens many a year’s back. I think I was 10 years old then.
This play was on Shakepeare’s Taming of the Shrew which I expected to be nonchalant but to my amazement it was quite the contrary.
Vince Chong as Masters of the Ceremony wore an outfit quite similar to the one in his video clip “Biarkan” which he looked very quaint in.
Janne Kam & Annatha were the stars. This was not the first time I ever saw JK perform but she definitely outdid herself and played the role of the “Shrew” so well. Other starlettes who played "the shrew" includes Elizabeth Taylor (who needs no introduction) , and Shirley Henderson (also acted in Harry Potter).
Among the many other versions:
the classic version
Fairly current version
Its definitely a must watch as the whole script of the Shakespearean drama was rewritten to suit a very Malaysian mixed Bollywood slant. It was vibrantly sensational and after Mama Mia’s cause to my dislike to musicals, this one led me to a give a whole 180-toll on the ratings.
Malaysian + Bollywood version
I particularly loved the dancers. They filled the stage up with lots of action. At one point, I kinda got that feeling like I shouldn’t have concentrated on one spot of the stage too long coz I’ll miss out on the on goings on the other side! So at those points where everyone was everywhere, my eyes were also running haywire hoping I didn’t miss any action.
The costumes were amazing! Chinese women look way hotter in modern Punjabi suits and sarees anytime! JK pulled off her red Lenga well too.
Since I have a thing for Indian men – Ash Nair and Anantha: HOT! I cant imagine a better cast for the roles they played.
The play is a must watch. I heard its only showing for a week so hope you get your bookings done quick! CLICK HERE TO BOOK.
This would go to the list of highlights this year. For the list of highlights last year, CLICK HERE.
my ticket :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment