So I woke up early around 8am – in time to catch breakfast downstairs. Food was moderately fantastic and I learned that its rather common to have an extremely orange punch served. I had to stay away from it, it looked like it would stain my teeth! We can’t have that for a toothpaste commercial now can we?!
The scenery was lovely at breakfast – So I went back upstairs to my room, in time to rush for a nice cold shower and dress up for the day to head to town for the so called greatest SHOPPING experience ever!
I reached town Siam Pagoda to be more precise around 10.30 am and then realised that Siam Sq. was closed and only opens a little passed noon. Not amazing! What was I supposed to do for two hours?! This Thai Dude dressed in proper working attire came up to me. Apparently it was quite obvious that I was a tourist, looking lost and trying to pretend to be able to read a map . I’m a Genius to actually let this guy talk me into going out of the heart of Bangkok and into this remote area where I could enjoy a boat ride along the canal and see temples!
A lonely girl-tourist letting some guy lead her out of the town, in a 3rd world Country (not like Malaysia is hell of a great), but you know what I mean. When he told the Tuk Tuk guy to lead me to this place where there was Thai people on a jeti like peer that could take me on a boat trip, I freaked out because I couldn’t understand a word he was saying in Thai right?! So I called Sasa (the girl whom was supposed to look after me). She said there was such a thing where tourist are guided through a canal to sight see. So I was like what the hell, lets go for it! After all I am in Bangkok and it wouldn’t make sense if I didn’t really see Bangkok.
When I reached the peer, it was exactly from the scene in Street Fighter. Scary! I swear, there were just 5 Thai men on the Jeti charging me 2000 Baht for a Boat ride, I would probably never come out alive from. So I said what the hell, if they are gonna rape, murder or traffic me off to Burma as a Sex Slave I might as well get a Boat ride out from it right? I hoped on the long boat and it was the longest ride ever. My boat driver looked more like a heroin trafficker cum pirate more than a tourist guide. I called Josh to tell him I love him and naturally, he was screaming away at me, telling me how stupid I am to believe strangers and fall for anything! “It could have been a scam” he told me. My God, there was a probability that I would not come home and this would be his last conversation with me!!!
Perfect, Just how I wanted to end my life!
I was a little impatient I supposed, cos I was promised a lot of Temples along the canal right. I did pay 2000 B, afterall! I got fed up and told the heroin trafficker to turn around and take me back. Told him that I don’t like the smelly, polluted with rubbish river and said I rather go back and get grounded. He said there is one temple nearing, why not we go see that one temple then we go back. My God, he negotiated!!! So I wasn’t really in the position to bargain with a heroin/woman trafficker that has scales growing on his feet!! “O.o uuuhhhh, Okaaaay” I said reluctantly. We passed a few bigger boats on the way with filled with more pirate looking males. On the Banks, I could see wooden houses with zinked roofs – exactly like the slums in the movie “Street Fighter”. I would have enjoyed it if I had company I suppose. I was more afraid of catching cholera or some funny disease from the dirty brown water that kept splashing into my face. YUCK!
We reached the Temple!!! It looked marvellous. I swear there was nothing like it. Every inch of the Temple was carved with unique details. I loved it. They even had Buddhist Gods carved into the walls. Never seen anything like it. Did I come to the part where there were staircases right to the very top of the Temple?! I climbed. Ok, I am not kidding here, but it was so steep and the steps are less than a foot wide. So basically you had to tip toe your way up. I made it up with the after effect of a hurt knee and a sprained thigh. I took pictures of the steep staircases. And bullied some tourist into taking my picture for me.. hehehe =)
After the Temple – I had to take the dreaded Boat Ride back again. He didn’t rape, murder or sell me off. Thank You God!!
Back to the river bank and I took a Sky Train to Siam Station for my shopping spree. Siam Square was a disaster. Walked for about 20 mins to MBK Mall and did some mega shopping there. Spent about 8000 Baht in 2 Hours. You can just imagine how much goodies I got! I had to get Josh something as well so he wouldn’t be disappointed when I get back – Got him food, 3 pants and 2 Tops (That would shut him up).
Not to forget, I am still looking for Absithe. Plus, he demanded for casino chips so now I am on a search voyage!
After shopping I realised that twas almost dinner time and I didn’t have lunch yet! See how fast time can fly when you are busy shopping?! I saw this restaurant filled with customers (so it had to be good right!) Went in and whacked every weird thing I saw on the counter. I am not that adventurous with Lonely Boat rides as I am with food. I loved my lunch/dinner. Had a little bit of a tummy ache later but food was good!
Went home on the most expensive Tuk Tuk ride ever – I swear they think I am Thai but when I start speaking English, that’s when they start charging me triple the actual price of things. For instance – I paid more than RM200 for a stinking Boat ride on a smelly Canal. I could have gotten a pair of nice Aldo’s on sale with that!
It’s a good thing that its not my own money. I’m using the allowance they gave me to live in Bangkok J
Spoke to Joshie for a little bit and then off to bed at 9pm as I had to be picked up for shoot at 5am the next day! Lurvely...
Sincerely,
Claudia
The scenery was lovely at breakfast – So I went back upstairs to my room, in time to rush for a nice cold shower and dress up for the day to head to town for the so called greatest SHOPPING experience ever!
I reached town Siam Pagoda to be more precise around 10.30 am and then realised that Siam Sq. was closed and only opens a little passed noon. Not amazing! What was I supposed to do for two hours?! This Thai Dude dressed in proper working attire came up to me. Apparently it was quite obvious that I was a tourist, looking lost and trying to pretend to be able to read a map . I’m a Genius to actually let this guy talk me into going out of the heart of Bangkok and into this remote area where I could enjoy a boat ride along the canal and see temples!
A lonely girl-tourist letting some guy lead her out of the town, in a 3rd world Country (not like Malaysia is hell of a great), but you know what I mean. When he told the Tuk Tuk guy to lead me to this place where there was Thai people on a jeti like peer that could take me on a boat trip, I freaked out because I couldn’t understand a word he was saying in Thai right?! So I called Sasa (the girl whom was supposed to look after me). She said there was such a thing where tourist are guided through a canal to sight see. So I was like what the hell, lets go for it! After all I am in Bangkok and it wouldn’t make sense if I didn’t really see Bangkok.
When I reached the peer, it was exactly from the scene in Street Fighter. Scary! I swear, there were just 5 Thai men on the Jeti charging me 2000 Baht for a Boat ride, I would probably never come out alive from. So I said what the hell, if they are gonna rape, murder or traffic me off to Burma as a Sex Slave I might as well get a Boat ride out from it right? I hoped on the long boat and it was the longest ride ever. My boat driver looked more like a heroin trafficker cum pirate more than a tourist guide. I called Josh to tell him I love him and naturally, he was screaming away at me, telling me how stupid I am to believe strangers and fall for anything! “It could have been a scam” he told me. My God, there was a probability that I would not come home and this would be his last conversation with me!!!
Perfect, Just how I wanted to end my life!
I was a little impatient I supposed, cos I was promised a lot of Temples along the canal right. I did pay 2000 B, afterall! I got fed up and told the heroin trafficker to turn around and take me back. Told him that I don’t like the smelly, polluted with rubbish river and said I rather go back and get grounded. He said there is one temple nearing, why not we go see that one temple then we go back. My God, he negotiated!!! So I wasn’t really in the position to bargain with a heroin/woman trafficker that has scales growing on his feet!! “O.o uuuhhhh, Okaaaay” I said reluctantly. We passed a few bigger boats on the way with filled with more pirate looking males. On the Banks, I could see wooden houses with zinked roofs – exactly like the slums in the movie “Street Fighter”. I would have enjoyed it if I had company I suppose. I was more afraid of catching cholera or some funny disease from the dirty brown water that kept splashing into my face. YUCK!
We reached the Temple!!! It looked marvellous. I swear there was nothing like it. Every inch of the Temple was carved with unique details. I loved it. They even had Buddhist Gods carved into the walls. Never seen anything like it. Did I come to the part where there were staircases right to the very top of the Temple?! I climbed. Ok, I am not kidding here, but it was so steep and the steps are less than a foot wide. So basically you had to tip toe your way up. I made it up with the after effect of a hurt knee and a sprained thigh. I took pictures of the steep staircases. And bullied some tourist into taking my picture for me.. hehehe =)
After the Temple – I had to take the dreaded Boat Ride back again. He didn’t rape, murder or sell me off. Thank You God!!
Back to the river bank and I took a Sky Train to Siam Station for my shopping spree. Siam Square was a disaster. Walked for about 20 mins to MBK Mall and did some mega shopping there. Spent about 8000 Baht in 2 Hours. You can just imagine how much goodies I got! I had to get Josh something as well so he wouldn’t be disappointed when I get back – Got him food, 3 pants and 2 Tops (That would shut him up).
Not to forget, I am still looking for Absithe. Plus, he demanded for casino chips so now I am on a search voyage!
After shopping I realised that twas almost dinner time and I didn’t have lunch yet! See how fast time can fly when you are busy shopping?! I saw this restaurant filled with customers (so it had to be good right!) Went in and whacked every weird thing I saw on the counter. I am not that adventurous with Lonely Boat rides as I am with food. I loved my lunch/dinner. Had a little bit of a tummy ache later but food was good!
Went home on the most expensive Tuk Tuk ride ever – I swear they think I am Thai but when I start speaking English, that’s when they start charging me triple the actual price of things. For instance – I paid more than RM200 for a stinking Boat ride on a smelly Canal. I could have gotten a pair of nice Aldo’s on sale with that!
It’s a good thing that its not my own money. I’m using the allowance they gave me to live in Bangkok J
Spoke to Joshie for a little bit and then off to bed at 9pm as I had to be picked up for shoot at 5am the next day! Lurvely...
Sincerely,
Claudia
what a whole load of crap alleging being almost raped, murdered and trafficked off as a sex slave?! looks like someone is delusional here.
ReplyDeletetravelling needs some brains too!