My First Day in Bangkok – 19/7/09:
Flight was alright, you cant really expect much from MAS Airlines but the Stewardess humoured me when she couldn’t managed to open the wine bottle. She actually asked one of the passengers’ to help her out. Like can you do that?! It wasn’t even a corked wine it was one of those cheap screwed cap ones. Basically from where I was seated, it looked as if she was unscrewing it the wrong way. I mean, does that mean she cant even open a normal mineral bottle? (It all unscrews the same way).. or was she just flirting with that passenger?! O.o
Nevertheless, the two hour flight was boring, I finished the whole Sunday Times from cover to cover (I can never sleep when I travel alone). Two hours later, touched down! Upon arrival at the International Airport, I went around every duty free shop there was to buy Absinthe! Funny thing is all the sales personnel seemed to know what I was looking for but didn’t have any stock O.o (must have bought some for their own stock eh?).
Disappointed with the flight and had no Green Fairy to accompany me. Dammit – Pui and my driver was waiting for me at Gate 3 with a Board baring “SIBERT, CLAUDIA” hahaha!!! Never ever imagined walking out of an airport with a signboard greeting. Anyhoots, its not like I was driven in a Bently or a Limousine – I guess Claudia Sibert doesn’t get a Natalie Glebova kinda greeting... hahaha!! Needless to say the van took me straight to the location which was quite near the airport. Funny thing is aside from the funny signboards on the street, it somewhat looked like Malaysia! Maybe the Kedah and Perlis side of Malaysia.
At the location, the director Daniel gave me a weird stare and told me that he hand picked me himself! Okaaaay, that’s nice to know!!! Endless of trying and taking off of clothes! Did I mention that I was shooting as a middle eastern wife/mother. I have to wear a veil! And to my own amusement, it actually looked quite good on me. Funny veils are not flattering people!! Why you think the French came up with Barades and not veils?! The commercial was for the Middle East so therefore there was no option. It was long sleeves, long pants and VEIL for me. I had fun laughing with the other staff anyway. At least we all thought it was ridiculously funny.
By the way, I still have not met my Husband and children yet. I am sure they look good :D
The hotel Citadines at Sukhumvit 23, is amazing – I have a microwave!! Not like I will find any use for it anyway as there is this convenient minibar at the Ground Floor with edible food and has quite a nice crowd. Yup, I check out the people that go there already on my first day!!
I LOVE the fact that I got off early from shoot’s location and got some R&R time to myself. Guess what I did and guess how much it cost?! I had a full body Thai Traditional Massage for one whole hour and a pedicure and manicure for 550 Baht – Thats like RM 55! God, a pedicure alone back home costs more than that! Feel like moving to Bangkok for good already.
Tomorrow, I will go and check out the shopping scene! I thought it was too late to start venturing the streets of Thailand on my own at 6pm. I am a bit of a jitter bug! I’ll venture the shopping scene first thing tomorrow morning – after my Breakfast!
Check List for tomorrow:
1. Siam Square
2. Siam Paragon
3. Platinum Mall
4. Central World
5. Pratanam Mall
By the way – I was given allowance in USD to spend *Grin*. I wont say how much because the streets here are filled with military soldiers – They are already dressed in Green. We don’t want them GREEN with envy now do we?!
Sincerely,
Claudia
Flight was alright, you cant really expect much from MAS Airlines but the Stewardess humoured me when she couldn’t managed to open the wine bottle. She actually asked one of the passengers’ to help her out. Like can you do that?! It wasn’t even a corked wine it was one of those cheap screwed cap ones. Basically from where I was seated, it looked as if she was unscrewing it the wrong way. I mean, does that mean she cant even open a normal mineral bottle? (It all unscrews the same way).. or was she just flirting with that passenger?! O.o
Nevertheless, the two hour flight was boring, I finished the whole Sunday Times from cover to cover (I can never sleep when I travel alone). Two hours later, touched down! Upon arrival at the International Airport, I went around every duty free shop there was to buy Absinthe! Funny thing is all the sales personnel seemed to know what I was looking for but didn’t have any stock O.o (must have bought some for their own stock eh?).
Disappointed with the flight and had no Green Fairy to accompany me. Dammit – Pui and my driver was waiting for me at Gate 3 with a Board baring “SIBERT, CLAUDIA” hahaha!!! Never ever imagined walking out of an airport with a signboard greeting. Anyhoots, its not like I was driven in a Bently or a Limousine – I guess Claudia Sibert doesn’t get a Natalie Glebova kinda greeting... hahaha!! Needless to say the van took me straight to the location which was quite near the airport. Funny thing is aside from the funny signboards on the street, it somewhat looked like Malaysia! Maybe the Kedah and Perlis side of Malaysia.
At the location, the director Daniel gave me a weird stare and told me that he hand picked me himself! Okaaaay, that’s nice to know!!! Endless of trying and taking off of clothes! Did I mention that I was shooting as a middle eastern wife/mother. I have to wear a veil! And to my own amusement, it actually looked quite good on me. Funny veils are not flattering people!! Why you think the French came up with Barades and not veils?! The commercial was for the Middle East so therefore there was no option. It was long sleeves, long pants and VEIL for me. I had fun laughing with the other staff anyway. At least we all thought it was ridiculously funny.
By the way, I still have not met my Husband and children yet. I am sure they look good :D
The hotel Citadines at Sukhumvit 23, is amazing – I have a microwave!! Not like I will find any use for it anyway as there is this convenient minibar at the Ground Floor with edible food and has quite a nice crowd. Yup, I check out the people that go there already on my first day!!
I LOVE the fact that I got off early from shoot’s location and got some R&R time to myself. Guess what I did and guess how much it cost?! I had a full body Thai Traditional Massage for one whole hour and a pedicure and manicure for 550 Baht – Thats like RM 55! God, a pedicure alone back home costs more than that! Feel like moving to Bangkok for good already.
Tomorrow, I will go and check out the shopping scene! I thought it was too late to start venturing the streets of Thailand on my own at 6pm. I am a bit of a jitter bug! I’ll venture the shopping scene first thing tomorrow morning – after my Breakfast!
Check List for tomorrow:
1. Siam Square
2. Siam Paragon
3. Platinum Mall
4. Central World
5. Pratanam Mall
By the way – I was given allowance in USD to spend *Grin*. I wont say how much because the streets here are filled with military soldiers – They are already dressed in Green. We don’t want them GREEN with envy now do we?!
Sincerely,
Claudia
Hei Babe..
ReplyDeleteYes i am updated and that is a whole lot of story. Have more fun... Can't wait to know who ur "husband" will be...